- A Future Pilot's NFS: Porsche Unleashed Combined Patch v1.0. This patch combines the 'Complete' patch found here and the 'Essentials' patch found here and adds in a few fixes of my own.
- Need For Speed 2 Special Edition, a very refined racing game. In the SE version especially improved performance and graphics (support for 3Dfx cards). Install notes: Note. Before starting the game, install the nGlide program (support for 3Dfx cards).
Re: Need For Speed II SE. Found a working solution for clear sound in NFS 2 SE!!! Verified it under Windows 7 32-bit (desktop PC) and Windows 8.1 64-bit (laptop). And it does not depend on your sound card! Place dsound.dll (taken from Windows XP) directly into your NFS 2 SE folder (where the game was installed to).
About This File
Includes all versions of the patches available.
nfsu2_v1.2_us (US English)
nfsu2_v1.2_uk (UK English)
nfsu2_v1.1_us (US English)
nfsu2_v1.1_uk (UK English)
Taken from: https://www.nfsplanet.com/nfs8_patch.php?lang=eng
What's New in Version 1.2
- v 1.2:
- Increase performance on NVIDIA 6800 series cards running on high resolution.
- Game crashing under certain conditions in Online Lobby for game running on Windows 98 and Windows ME.
- An internet connection is no longer required to host LAN games.
- A change in the UI relating to people convicted of cheating. People convicted of chronic cheating will no longer be flagged, as there was a bug early on that would convict people of cheating even when they did not cheat.
- v 1.1:
- US Patch:
- Improvements to lobby mouse control
- Online fix for issues regarding Windows XP Firewall preventing correct Ping functionality
- Euro Patch:
- Fix for online overlays in the lobby not disappearing correctly when dismissed.
- Fix to ensure all race events in the career world map are displayed and playable
- Fix for correct map presented when using the view map feature in online.
- Prevented completed events from becoming not-completed in career using world map.
- Improvements to lobby mouse control.